- Ms. VELASCO is a lawyer and a certified public accountant (CPA) who spent almost two decades in government service handling various positions in five government agencies and several inter-agency bodies. She earned her Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Major in Accounting from the Divine Word University, and her Bachelor of Laws from San Sebastian Institute of Law. She honed her competencies in policy formulation, strategic planning, resource planning and management, government systems and procedures (with focus on procurement laws and procedures, as well as government financial system), and public management and administration.
- She served as technical consultant for USAID and World Bank (WB) funded projects on procurement reform, most notable of which was the preparation of the Government Procurement Manuals (Volumes I and II). She represented the Department of National Defense (DND) as an alternate member of the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) and as member of the special committees. As Chief Administrative Officer and later as Director (concurrent Deputy Assistant Secretary) for Plans and Programs of the Department of National Defense, she was instrumental in the conceptualization and implementation of the Defense System of Management (DSOM). She managed the Defense Resource Management System and Defense Strategic Planning System. She represented DND in various inter-agency bodies handling mining policy and concerns, anti-terrorism, peace process, international maritime and ocean issues, international humanitarian law, among others.
- More recently, Atty. Velasco served as Consultant of the Department of Transportation, specifically for Planning and Project Development - Aviation Sector. As such, she was the chief adviser to the Undersecretary for Aviation and Airports on planning, project development, procurement, project implementation, programming and budgeting, policy and other concerns of the Aviation Sector. These concerns include evaluation of project proposals (PPP and GAA or locally-funded projects), and supervision over the Air Transport Planning Division and Project Development Unit of the Aviation Sector.
- As a Certified Public Accountant, she had a brief practice with focus on audit and tax. As a lawyer, she has advised the Secretary of National Defense on policy issues (specifically related to national defense and security, and other public policy matters where the DND was involved) as well as procurement-related concerns.
- She has also handled private clients with concerns on government contracts, commercial law, administrative law, labor law and family law. Her stint as Chief Legal Officer and Compliance Officer of the Century Peak Metals Holdings Corp. (CPMHC) and its subsidiaries and affiliates has sharpened her expertise in corporate law, mining law, and compliance with government regulations governing publicly listed firms and the mining and alternative energy sectors.
- Ms. Velasco is a member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines and the Philippine Bar Association.